Who we are?
Millions of people participate in property transactions every year in the UK. In most cases, it’s a stressful and unpleasant process held up by outdated, admin-heavy and labour-intensive processes. Founded in 2016, OneDome’s mission is change this experience forever using data, powerful digital technology, and an innovative business model.
With offices in London and Kiev, OneDome is a fast-growing, well-funded, cutting-edge property technology start-up whose goal is to challenge market norms and reshape the property industry to better reflect the consumer demands of the 21st Century.
Our property technology helps consumers with their property search and purchase, while we also work with estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage brokers to help them adapt to their customers’ changing needs and remain competitive.
What's the opportunity?
You will be working on the experience and design of our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing team closely working with our product managers and engineers to deliver beautiful, accessible and easy-to-use designs.
As our most senior designer, your time will be split between a hands on design role and a mentor/manager/coach for other members of the team. The right candidate will have an opportunity to progress into the Head of Design role in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Own the design of one or more of our most critical products, with responsibility for all aspects of the design process from discovery through to high quality delivery by working closely with developers.
- Hire, line manage and coach a growing team of junior and mid-level designers.
- Own the overall design process and define how OneDome approaches design.
- Lead by example by establishing and demonstrating best practices in areas such as conducting research, translating research insights into ideas, and designing the workflows and detailed interactions to bring the products to life.
- Take ownership of OneDome Design System, making sure that designs are consistent across products as a whole and different parts of the products.
What skills and experience do you need?
- At least 5 years experience designing and shipping digital products/systems (not just websites).
- Experience in designing for a range of platforms (desktop, mobile and other devices)
- Expert in product design lifecycle management, with appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed visual designs.
- Proficient with visual and interaction design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and Adobe Suite.
- Previous experience of managing a team is essential.
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Competency with HTML/CSS and ability to work within a highly technical environment, as well as good understanding of technical requirements and limitations.
- Experience with designing SaaS products.
- High-growth, young, well-funded company – raised over £4.25M funding to date
- Competitive salary and generous share options
- An innovative, game-changing product
- Brilliant, passionate, hard-working and humble colleagues
- Entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company
- International and dynamic workplace
- Great location in Central London