Who we are?
Millions of people participate in property transactions every year in the UK. In most cases, it’s a stressful and unpleasant process held up by outdated, admin-heavy and labour-intensive processes. Founded in 2016, OneDome’s mission is change this experience forever using data, powerful digital technology, and an innovative business model.
With offices in London and Kiev, OneDome is a fast-growing, well-funded, cutting-edge property technology start-up whose goal is to challenge market norms and reshape the property industry to better reflect the consumer demands of the 21st Century.
Our property technology helps consumers with their property search and purchase, while we also work with estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage brokers to help them adapt to their customers’ changing needs and remain competitive.
What's the opportunity?
Thousands of people use Locality Reality to find the perfect area for them every day. As a member of data science team, you will be using data to help people to find their dream homes. Ideal candidate is an independent, solution-oriented thinker with experience in processing data sets, applying analytical rigor and statistical methods, and driving toward insights and solutions. You will also closely collaborate with software engineers and product managers.
What will you be doing?
- Working on improvements to our Locality Reality scoring algorithm
- Analysing crowd-sourced data and streamlining feedback loop
- Working on creating surveys to understand user preferences
- Researching new data sources which can contribute
What skills and experience do you need?
- Fluency with statistics and linear algebra
- Basic understanding of working with geospatial data
- Coding skills in one of the following languages: R, Python
- Working towards a PhD or MRes in Statistics, Computer Science or related discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Ops Research)
- Working with databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB or similar
- Experience with geospatial tools such as QGis and PostGIS
- Good working experience of Microsoft Excel
- Understand what Db stands for and how much 140 Db hurts your ears
- Know how to get to the centre of London from Cookham using public transport in 30 minutes flat
- Name the greenest spots in all the land
- You are crime stats wizard and have been robbed at least 3 times this year
- Convert square meters into square kilometres without any computing device
- High-growth, young, well-funded company – raised over £4.25M funding to date
- Competitive salary and generous share options
- Private Healthcare including 50% discount on gym membership
- An innovative, game-changing product
- Great location in Central London
- Refreshments - Help yourself to fresh fruit, healthy snacks, proper coffee, dozens of different types of tea and refreshments