Who are we?
Millions of people participate in property transactions every year in the UK. In most cases, it’s a stressful and unpleasant process held up by outdated, admin-heavy and labour-intensive processes. Founded in 2016, OneDome’s mission is to change this experience forever using data, powerful digital technology, and an innovative business model.
With offices in London and Kiev, OneDome is a fast-growing, well-funded, cutting-edge property technology start-up whose goal is to challenge market norms and reshape the property industry to better reflect the consumer demands of the 21st Century.
Our property technology helps consumers with their property search and purchase, while we also work with estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage brokers to help them adapt to their customers’ changing needs and remain competitive.
What's the opportunity?
As a Data Engineer, you’ll design and develop the data systems and reporting tools to ensure that business functions have the product, support, and operations data they need to make crucial business decisions. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative data solutions and solve challenging problems using cloud-based production data infrastructure. You will be working closely with product managers, data scientists and engineers to achieve goals.
What will you be doing?
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements for automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' tools.
- Ensure data security and compliance throughout multiple AWS regions and environments.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Strong experience with at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra.
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Understanding of performance tuning and high volume databases.
- Understanding of website crawling approaches and tools.
- Experience with GIS, ElasticSearch and/or Spark are advantageous.
- Good understanding of the data visualisation techniques and tools.
- Experience with developing for cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex findings in a structured and clear manner to a non-technical audience.
- High-growth, young, well-funded company – raised over £4.25M funding to date.
- Competitive salary.
- Cutting edge tech stack (view on StackShare).
- Private healthcare.
- An innovative, game-changing product.
- Brilliant, passionate, hard-working and humble colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company.
- International and dynamic workplace.
- Refreshments - help yourself to fresh fruit, proper coffee, dozens of different types of tea and refreshments.
- Great location in Central Kiev.